Things One Must Know
1. One must know that all visible phenomena, being
illusory, are unreal.
2. One must know that the mind, being without independent
existence (apart from the One Mind), is impermanent.
3. One must know that ideas arise from a concatenation
4. One must know that the body and speech, being
compounded of the four elements, are transitory.
5. One must know that the effects of past actions,
whence cometh all sorrow, are inevitable.
6. One must know that sorrow, being the means of
convincing one of the need of the religious, is a guru.
7. One must know that attachment to worldly things maketh
material prosperity inimical to spiritual progress.
8. One must know that misfortune, being the means of
leading one to the Doctrine, is also a guru.
9. One must know that no existing thing has an
10.One must know that all things are independent.
source: Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines, Precepts of the Gurus
image: Eddie’s Garden, Eddie’s Photos, Caladium August 2016